Subject: Re: 2GB address space limit on 32-bit PowerPC Macintosh

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:06:02 -0700

Mark A. Greer wrote:

> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
>>
>> series are by no mean stable. Embedded code has been rather frozen in
>> the rock, I don't think it's much to ask from the appropriate maintainer
>> to have a quick look at possibly upgrading their board support as well.
>>
>
> Seems reasonable to me. 

Oops...
/me unintentionally stepped into the middle of a flame war  :)

>
>
>> And it isn't a difficult change for most 6xx/7xx/7xxx based boards
>> anyway.
>>
>
> From a quick grep, it looks like apus, gemini, k2, lopec, pplus, prep, 
> and prpmc800 are the offenders in the 6xx/7xx/74xx world.  Does anyone 
> even care about the lopec and k2 anymore? 

To be clear, "offender" == board that has an io_block_mapping below the 
3 GB line.  There are still io_block_mapping calls necessary to map regs 
that are used to determine memory size & whatnot but many are above the 
3 GB line and even >= 0xf0000000.

Mark