Subject: Re: [RFT] 8xx cpm_hostalloc patch was: allow coherent DMA API to work before main page allocator is set up

From: Pantelis Antoniou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:27:52 +0300

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> Can someone with 8xx using the cpm_uart driver please test 
> the attached patch? It should avoid corruption of the pinned
> 8Mbyte CONFIG_PIN_TLB entry, as noted by Dan. 
> 

You shouldn't have these discussions on the weekend :)

I'm the culprit of the code in question.

This is the second take of the code. The hack with the 'if' was
not actually in the first edition, since I had the hostalloc
function working properly before initialization by using the
remainder of the bootpage, as a backup memory area, for when
the mm is not yet ready.

Somewhere along the way, it fell through the cracks.

IMHO that's the proper way to fix it.

There were some objection on that however.

Regards

Pantelis