Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc32: Rework power management take #3

From: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:23:42 -0700

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:33 -0700, Geoff Levand wrote:
> 
>>I had a problem when building for ppc440 (gcc -m405).  I wonder if we 
>>need some conditionals on the DSSALL statement as below, or is DSSALL 
>>intended to be a perprocessor macro that would expand to a blank line
>>in this case?
> 
> 
> No, but the cpu feature bit will make the dssall be nop'ed out on your
> CPU. I though we were passing -many to gas in all cases, don't we ?
> 

sorry...

egrep -r '\-Wa' arch/ppc
arch/ppc/boot/simple/Makefile:extra-aflags-$(CONFIG_REDWOOD_4)  := -Wa,-m405
arch/ppc/Makefile:cpu-as-$(CONFIG_PPC64BRIDGE)  += -Wa,-mppc64bridge
arch/ppc/Makefile:cpu-as-$(CONFIG_4xx)          += -Wa,-m405
arch/ppc/Makefile:cpu-as-$(CONFIG_6xx)          += -Wa,-maltivec
arch/ppc/Makefile:cpu-as-$(CONFIG_POWER4)               += -Wa,-maltivec
arch/ppc/Makefile:cpu-as-$(CONFIG_E500)         += -Wa,-me500

So I get an invalid instruction error.

-Geoff