Subject: [Fwd: Re: Getting ownership for various boards/platforms configs]

From: Wojciech Kromer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:09:04 +0200

Subject: Re: Getting ownership for various boards/platforms configs
From: Allen Curtis <[email-masked]>
To: Wojciech Kromer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:27:41 -0700

If you are looking for maintainers, I will work on the PPC stuff. The 
#ifdef situation has been out of control for quite some time. I did 
attempt to consolidate the platform stuff. Some of this work did make 
it into the kernel. Are you talking about 2.6? I was about to work on 
the sysfs stuff which will go a long way to cleaning up the device 
drivers.

BTW: the linuxppc-embedded list did not show in the reply list. Forward 
this if you want.

>> One issue that comes up from time to time is knowing who to contact 
>> about some of the various boards that are supported for PPC. I've 
>> suggested in the past that we create a MAINTAINERS file in 
>> arch/ppc/platforms. I've started with a list of all the _defconfigs 
>> that we have and would like to see if we can get contacts for the 
>> boards. All this list is meant to be is a contact point.
>>
>>
> There is another issue..
>
> May I suggest to add one full-custom board?
> There are a lot of changes to do inside uart,fec,fcc drivers with a lot
> of #ifdefs,
> just because different use of mpc resources on different boards.
> Why it's not configured via menuconfig?
> Another nice example is inside status_led.h...