Subject: Re: [PATCH] [1/2] PM support for Ebony

From: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:59:31 -0700

Eugene Surovegin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:05:56AM -0700, Geoff Levand wrote:
> 
>>I was thinking to add a static variable in ppc4xx_pic.c to hold the 
>>state, that way the arch pm code doesn't need to take care of it, 
>>which will make suspend to disk easier since the value will be 
>>saved in the system image.  I'm not sure which way to go.  Any 
>>comments?
> 
> 
> I don't have a problem with having static variables for PM in 
> ppc4xx_pic.c. However, why only one for UIC0? What about UIC1? What 
> about UIC2 (for 440GX) ?
> 
> Also, function, you just added, uses resume_bits are for UIC0, it's 
> not clear from the function prototype why just UIC0. Shouldn't it be 
> more generic?

Well, I guess I was originally only interested in waking up from 
things connected to UIC0...  I'll look at the other interrupts. 

> 
> Another note, code in ebony_pm_enter doesn't look very Ebony specific, 
> maybe it's would be a good idea to move most of it into ibm440gp_sleep.
> 

My thoughts also, but I'll wait until I see BenH's new design before 
deciding what to do.

-Geoff