Subject: Re: MPC52xx: sysfs failure on adding new device driver

From: Sylvain Munaut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:32:07 +0200

Hi Mark

Mark Chambers wrote:
>>I'm working on an MPC52xx SPI device driver using one of the PSC. 
>>However, when I call driver_register() I get a failure (-17, EEXISTS)
>>with a traceback (posted below).
> 
> 
> Hey Grant,
> 
> This sounds exactly like a problem I had with PSC with devfs.  I posted
> a patch here on 5/27, I bet you'll find it's a similar problem.  
> 
> (Let me know if you don't have access to that patch, I'll forward you my
> copy)

Don't think so. Your patch applies to the 2.4 while Grant problem is 
specific to the way the different functions of PSCs are handled to work 
the 2.6 ppc_sys model.

btw, if not yet integrated you should send your patch to Wolfang, he's 
the one maintaining that tree.

	Sylvain