Subject: Re: 8272ADS and Linux 2.6.12

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:52:20 +0200

SIP COP 009 wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have a MPC8272 Eval Board which came with Linux 2.4 and U-boot. We
>wanted to move to 2.6. I downloaded the latest 2.6.12 sources and
>compiled the sources for this platform. The kernel is built, have run
>the mkimage tool, but the kernel wont boot.  It just hangs after
>decompressing the image.
>
>  
>

>Any ideas  ? Anything different that needs to be done for 2.6 ? Or any
>known issues ?
>
>  
>
If you're using the u-boot that came with MPC8272 Eval board it may 
happen that BCSR is mapped differently in u-boot and the kernel 2.6. 
That's what happened when I tried to boot linux 2.6 on MPC8272ADS. Check 
the value of CFG_BCSR in u-boot/include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h and 
BCSR_ADDR in linux/arch/ppc/platforms/pq2ads.h

>Thanks!
>ashutosh
-- 
Sincerely yours,
Mike