Subject: Re: Serial console

From: Anton Wöllert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:37:49 +0200

Daniel Ann wrote:
> Hi folks,
> 
> Having all the kernel boot up log on console means that I've done some
> part right. But why am I not getting anything from the user processes
> on the console screen ?
> 
> Is there anything I need to do on the kernel config ?
> 

Hi, we've had the same problem some time ago on a tqm850l (mpc850). Our 
problem was, that we had registered two serial consoles in the kernel 
config or something like that. we had to disable all serial-driver stuff 
and enable just the platform-specific serial-console driver. we tracked 
this down with inserting a printk(buf) into the tty_write fs-op of the 
serial-port driver in drivers/char/tty_io.c. the ttyS0 was used but has 
taken another serial-driver than the platform specific.

may this help you :)

anton