Subject: Re: [1/2] powerpc/64s/hash: do not use PPC_INVALIDATE_ERAT on CPUs before POWER9

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:00:58 +1100 (AEDT)

On Mon, 2018-08-27 at 03:03:01 UTC, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
> PPC_INVALIDATE_ERAT is slbia IH=7 which is a new variant introduced
> with POWER9, and the result is undefined on earlier CPUs.
> 
> Commits 7b9f71f974 ("powerpc/64s: POWER9 machine check handler") and
> d4748276ae ("powerpc/64s: Improve local TLB flush for boot and MCE on
> POWER9") caused POWER7/8 code to use this instruction. Remove it. An
> ERAT flush can be made by invalidatig the SLB, but before POWER9 that
> requires a flush and rebolt.
> 
> Fixes: 7b9f71f974 ("powerpc/64s: POWER9 machine check handler")
> Fixes: d4748276ae ("powerpc/64s: Improve local TLB flush for boot and
> MCE on POWER9")
> Signed-off-by: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>

Series applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/bc276ecba132caccb1fda5863a652c

cheers