Subject: Re: powerpc/traps: restore recoverability of machine_check interrupts

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 20:37:27 +1100 (AEDT)

On Sat, 2018-10-13 at 09:16:22 UTC, Christophe Leroy wrote:
> commit b96672dd840f ("powerpc: Machine check interrupt is a non-
> maskable interrupt") added a call to nmi_enter() at the beginning of
> machine check restart exception handler. Due to that, in_interrupt()
> always returns true regardless of the state before entering the
> exception, and die() panics even when the system was not already in
> interrupt.
> 
> This patch calls nmi_exit() before calling die() in order to restore
> the interrupt state we had before calling nmi_enter()
> 
> Fixes: b96672dd840f ("powerpc: Machine check interrupt is a non-maskable interrupt")
> Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>

Applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/daf00ae71dad8aa05965713c62558a

cheers