Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Remove all usages of NO_IRQ

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 16:22:23 +0200

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:53:24 PM CEST Michael Ellerman wrote:
>  drivers/macintosh/macio_asic.c                   |  4 ++--
>  drivers/macintosh/rack-meter.c                   |  2 +-
>  drivers/macintosh/smu.c                          | 18 +++++++++---------
>  drivers/macintosh/via-cuda.c                     |  2 +-
>  drivers/macintosh/via-pmu.c                      |  6 +++---
>  drivers/ps3/ps3-vuart.c                          |  4 ++--
>  sound/aoa/core/gpio-feature.c                    |  4 ++--
>  sound/ppc/tumbler.c                              |  8 ++++----

I've got a tree in which I've fixed up all drivers that use NO_IRQ on
ARM (tested with lots of randconfig builds). I found a couple remaining
ones that all look powerpc specific:

drivers/ata/pata_mpc52xx.c:	if (ata_irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:   if (hsdev->dma->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/dma/bestcomm/bestcomm.c:		if (tsk->irq != NO_IRQ)
drivers/dma/fsl_raid.c:	if (chan->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:	if (fdev->irq != NO_IRQ) {
drivers/dma/mpc512x_dma.c:	if (mdma->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/dma/ppc4xx/adma.c:	if (adev->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/edac/mpc85xx_edac.c:	pdata->irq = NO_IRQ;
drivers/edac/mv64x60_edac.c:	pdata->irq = NO_IRQ;
drivers/edac/ppc4xx_edac.c:	pdata->irqs.sec		= NO_IRQ;
drivers/iommu/fsl_pamu.c:	if (irq != NO_IRQ)
drivers/media/platform/fsl-viu.c:	if (viu_irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/mtd/nand/mpc5121_nfc.c:	if (prv->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c:	if (fep->interrupt == NO_IRQ)
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-fec.c:	if (fep->interrupt == NO_IRQ)
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-scc.c:	if (fep->interrupt == NO_IRQ)
drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/core.c:	if (dev->emac_irq != NO_IRQ)
drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/mal.c:	if (mal->txeob_irq == NO_IRQ || mal->rxeob_irq == NO_IRQ ||
drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c:		if (scrq->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/ps3_gelic_net.c:	netdev->irq = NO_IRQ;
drivers/pcmcia/electra_cf.c:	cf->irq = NO_IRQ;
drivers/soc/fsl/qe/qe_ic.c:		return NO_IRQ;
drivers/spi/spi-mpc52xx.c:	if (status && (irq != NO_IRQ))
drivers/tty/ehv_bytechan.c:	if (stdout_irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/tty/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_core.c:	if (pinfo->port.irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/uio/uio_fsl_elbc_gpcm.c:	if (irq != NO_IRQ) {
drivers/usb/host/ehci-grlib.c:	if (irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/usb/host/ehci-ppc-of.c:	if (irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/usb/host/fhci-hcd.c:	if (usb_irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:	if (irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/usb/host/uhci-grlib.c:	if (irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/video/fbdev/mb862xx/mb862xxfbdrv.c:	if (par->irq == NO_IRQ) {
drivers/virt/fsl_hypervisor.c:		if (!handle || (irq == NO_IRQ)) {
include/soc/fsl/qe/qe_ic.h:	if (cascade_irq != NO_IRQ)

They should all be as easy to replace as the others.

	Arnd