Subject: Re: linuxppc-2.4.30-pre1 crashes with root fs on Xilinx SystemACE

From: Peter Ryser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:18:43 -0700

Hi Keith,

I sent you a private email but for other interested people:
Downloading the latest linuxppc-2.4 kernel I could boot from and access 
System ACE CF without problems on a ML403 (Virtex-4, 4VFX12) and a ML310 
(Virtex-II Pro, 2VP30) using EDK 7.1.2. In both cases I started with 
config_xilinx_ml300.

- Peter

Keith J Outwater wrote:

>Hello - 
>Per a previous suggestion from this list, I rsynced the linuxppc-2.4 
>kernel sources from MontaVista and modified the kernel to run on my custom 
>ppc405/VirtexII Pro based system with U-Boot as the bootloader.
>When I try to use the SystemACE device as the root filesystem, the kernel 
>crashes with a sig 11.  Looking at the 'oops' output it appears  the 
>SystemACE driver may be to blame.  The crash is random - sometimes I get 
>all the way to login as root and then things crash on a file copy or a 
>file read.
>Before I start digging deeper, is anyone running a VirtexIIPro based 
>system with the root filesystem in the CF card attached to a SystemACE? 
>I'm wondering if I really have the best kernel and SystemACE driver.
>BTW, I'm developing the hardware design using Xilinx EDK 7.02i.
>Thanks,
>Keith
>_______________________________________________
>Linuxppc-embedded mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded
>
>
>  
>