Subject: Re: serial console

From: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:16:10 +0400

> On Tuesday 04 October 2005 08:54, KokHow Teh wrote:
> 
>>Hi;
>>      I have debian linux running on my PQ2FADS-ZU with devfs and serial
>>driver compiled in. I have read Documentation/serial-console.txt and I have
>>tried both passing "console=" option as well as without passing that to the
>>kernel and both don't give me the expected results.
>>      When I pass "console=tts/0,115200n8" to the kernel, I don't get any
>>console output until the login prompt which I set to 115200 in
>>/etc/inittab. When I don't pass "console=" option to the kernel, I get
>>console output all the way until "Freeing unused kernel memory:" and the
>>console output is garbled and I don't see any login prompt. Here is the
>>/dev/* content:
> 
> 
> I don't know exactly what I am talking about right now, but the string "tts/0" 
> in the console-line sounds suspicious to me. AFAIK when using devfs still 
> device names on the kernel-commandline have to be old-style.
> Just a guess: try using "console=ttyS0,115200n8" and see if this helps.
> 
Yes, but PQ2FADS use cpm_uart and hence the commandline should be
console=ttyCPM0,115200

> Greetings,

-- 
Sincerely,
Vitaly