Subject: Three-Speed Ethernet support on MPC8560 (TSEC)

From: Nathael PAJANI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:05:10 +0200

Kumar Gala wrote:

 >> I will now go on with the Three-Speed Ethernet Controler, and there
 >> actually seem to be no support for it, but maybe I did not look at
 >> the right place?
 >
 >
 > The TSEC has been supported for a long time.  The driver is call
 > gianfar (drivers/net/gianfar*).
 >

OK, I found it, and remembered that at the begining of the port I 
wondered what the "struct platform_device ppc_sys_platform_devices[]" 
was for, now I know. and I'll try this for the FCC3 too.

There is a problem though, which I already had (and fixed) with the 
boot-loader: The gigabit ethernet is not set up correctly: Everything is 
fine with a Gigabit switch, but with a Fast ethernet switch there is no 
communication.
I'll look for this on monday!

Thanks a lot for the help !