Subject: Re: Howto submit drivers/patches ?

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 21:02:03 -0700

David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:
> 	I am just polishing off bringup a Xilinx Virtex IV/ppc405 system with
> minimal hardware under 2.6.14.4.
> 	I have a collection of patches that I can submit for the specific,
> board, for the Virtex IV, for board specific hardware, ...
> 	Additionally I have 2 complete boot loader through full serial driver
> implementations of a pseudo serial console driver for this board when it
> is in a HOST development system - it is a compact flash card normally
> plugged into a PC during development and using the PC as the console,
> and a complete serial driver chain for the Xilinx UartLite as a console
> when not in a Host, or as a general serial driver. The Xilinx Driver is
> based heavily on other 2.6 driver/serial drivers and not the 2.4
> implementation from Xilinx.
> 
> 	Is this list the right place to submit this ?
> 	Is there a HOWTO addressing the rules/procedures to do so.
Do you want to send me your patches for the UartLite (and cc the list)?
 I'd be happy to take a look.  What other things did you change?

g.

-- 
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.
(403) 663-0761