Subject: Re: [PATCH 8/8] Add support for Xilinx ML403 reference design

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:34:50 -0500

Grant Likely wrote:
> David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:

> 
> Since the E-12 is a commercially available board, it would be useful to
> have the patches on the ML, even if they don't get applied to mainline.

	So at what state should things be at before posting them ?

	Right now:
		The basic E-12 stuff is complete - though it couls use some polish. It
was based on the ML300 code, and almost certainly overlaps and conflicts
with your ML403 work. I would be happy to reconcile them, but I would
need to know what to work against.

		I am not a git expert at this point. I am working against the 2.6.14.5
source3 on kernel.org. There are numerous git trees what is the right one ?

		The serial/console drivers for the "Keyhole" - a bidirectional link
between a Linux/Windows development host and the E-12, and the Xilinx
UartLite are in (hopefully) late debugging, Output is probably complete,
UartLite input needs testing, Keyhole input needs alot of work - among
other things the host side is still only a display, so it is somewhat
difficult to do the Linux input side.