Subject: Re: Stability of MPC5200 FEC

From: John Rigby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:22:00 -0700

Do you have a lite5200 board that exhibits the same bad FEC behavior.  
If so you could try the new
version on it and see if things improve.

Asier Llano Palacios wrote:

>We are working with MPC5200 cpu. 
>We've been using it since early 2.6 kernel versions.
>We're currently quite stabilished with the version of the kernel Sylvain
>had before the Platform Device rework. But the problem is that we are
>experiencing that the FEC stops working after a long uptime.
>
>So, do you think that the current git version is more stable than the
>one we are using? Do you think that there is anything that could stop us
>upgrading to the latest version?
>
>The problem is that we have a custom board, with some custom devices, so
>it is not so easy to upgrade. We need to know that a new version, is
>more stable than the previous one, before we upgrade. As soon as we
>upgrade, we can help if we find any problem.
>
>Thank you,
>Asier Llano
>
>  
>