Subject: Re: MPC885 - USB HCI drivers.

From: Bryan O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:58:40 -0000

Pantelis Antoniou wrote:

> Well I have USB host drivers for both 8xx & 82xx working.

Speaking of which... would it not be a good idea, to get these comitted
to the 2.6 tree... at some stage ... at least to stop people
periodically posting to this list... saying "Dear all have spent 2
months, writing code for m8xx_hci drivers", when it's a needless
replication of effort ?

> However I use them connected to a specific peripheral
> so I don't know how well they fare when used as a PC
> style USB host controller.

Also, one easy way to find out, how well or badly said code performs, in
hetrogenous environments, is to... suck it and see.

As I was attempting to intimate above, I'm sure there'd be a legion of
eager people to debug, modify and recode such drivers, if there lived in
an obvious place... in the 2.6 tree.

Just my €0.02.

--

Best,
Bryan