Subject: Re: PPC 405GPr support in linux 2.4.32

From: Stephen Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:57:21 -0700

Matt Porter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:19:23PM -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:
>> ... seems completely missing in the linux-2.3.32 tree from kernel.org.
>> This used to be in the linuxppc-2.4 BK tree that no longer exists, so
>> what happened to the ppc405GPr support?!
> 
> There's some stuff that never got submitted upstream to kernel.org
> during 2.4 due partially to 2.5 appearing. All upstream devel
> moved to 2.5/2.6 and no effort was made to merge stuff from the
> linuxppc-2.4 tree to linux-2.4. Oh, and Marcelo didn't want
> to take "new stuff" into linux-2.4 at that time either.
> 
> There's still rsync://source.mvista.com/linuxppc-2.4 available with
> the 405gpr/sycamore support.

Well then I guess for 405GPr support and the SystemACE drivers
I'm on my own. Is there a git tree for main line 2.4 maintenance
(against which I could maintain patches) or am I on my own there
too?

It should be easy enough to rescue the gpr support form the bk
working dir that I have (or the mvista repository as you point
out) and make up patches.
-- 
Steve Williams                "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com           But I have promises to keep,
http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
http://www.picturel.com       And lines to code before I sleep."