Subject: mpc8270 : i2c support

From: jfaslist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:33:37 +0200

Hi,
We have designed a system using a mpc8270 cpu. The firmware we 
use is u-boot and we can access all our i2c devices from u-boot.

But when we try to access i2c devices from under linux 2.6 using 
the /dev/i2c-0 special file we get an ENODEV on opening that 
file. I think it is because we lack an adapter driver.

If I look in the official kernel, it looks like the adapter 
driver for the mpc8270 i2c system is 
./drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mpc.c. Is this correct?

Why is this driver registering as a platform driver and not as a 
i2c bus driver?

In DENX ELDK there is also a i2c-mpc8260.c, but we couldn't get 
that to work either.

What should I do to be able to access i2c devices using the 
/dev/i2c-0 file? I feel I need to modify the i2c adapter driver 
to follow the driver model, but in what ways?

Thx for any help,
-jf simon

		
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualité en temps réel. 
Rendez-vous sur http://fr.yahoo.com/set