Subject: Re: MPC8641(D) software status

From: Xianghua Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:24:29 -0500

well I am not the one to be allowed to send public patches. However if 
someone needs a 2.6.15/2.6.16 patch I can certainly send it out before a 
public release(2.6.17?) is ready. It's also available on freescale's 
website.

thanks,
xianghua

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
>  
>
>>We have patches for 8641D against 2.6.15/2.6.16 and it works well in lab
>>in the last three months along with u-boot code. I think a patch against
>>2.6.17 or later will be released in the future. However if you need the
>>2.6.15/2.6.16 patch now, you can contact Freescale directly. In fact,
>>for all 8641D boards we will ship, we will include the kernel/u-boot
>>source code on the SATA hard drive directly as well, or you can also
>>download them from freescale's website.
>>    
>>
>
>And when will you start working with the commmunity, and submit  your
>patches  to the public source tree? Will Freescale wait (again) until
>they are against such an old version that it's a PITA to merge them?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk
>
>  
>

-- 
//  Xianghua Xiao
//  Freescale Semiconductor    [email-masked]
//  (Tel)1 (512) 996-6768    (Fax) 1 (512) 996-7438
//  7700 W. Parmer Lane, MD: PL30, Austin, TX 78729