Subject: Re: Maple: killing a process that causes a machine check exception

From: jfaslist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:09:35 +0200

Hi,
What do you mean by synchronous? Do you mean that the current process 
may no be not the one that caused the ME?
In my case I _need_ the process to be killed, as it is making a VME bus 
error. / PCI target-abort.
I am starting to get desperate. I have been working for several month 
with IBM to get a solution on machine check related issues on the Maple. 
First, the Maple was hanging hard. Now that this is fixed, I need the 
Linux ME to kill the offending process!
My feeling now, is that I am really starting to have it w/ the ppc64!

-jfs

Anton Blanchard wrote:

>>By  applying the following mods (plse see below), i was able to have a 
>>user process that caused a machine check exception to be terminated (on 
>>a Maple platform), as expected. I was wondering why the PPC64 had a 
>>different ME handling than PPC which does send the SIGBUS to the process?
>>    
>>
>
>Not all machine checks are synchronous so we cant always do this. From
>memory the ppc64 version will panic if the machine check wasnt
>synchronous.
>
>Anton
>
>  
>

		
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com