Subject: Re: Maple: killing a process that causes a machine check exception

From: jfaslist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:30:52 +0200

>>In my case I _need_ the process to be killed, as it is making a VME bus 
>>error. / PCI target-abort.
>>I am starting to get desperate. I have been working for several month 
>>with IBM to get a solution on machine check related issues on the Maple. 
>>First, the Maple was hanging hard. Now that this is fixed, I need the 
>>Linux ME to kill the offending process!
>>My feeling now, is that I am really starting to have it w/ the ppc64!
>>    
>>
>
>Sounds like you need a Maple specific machine check handler. My point is
>we cant merge a fix like that because it affects every powerpc arch out
>there, all with different machine check handling requirements.
>
>  
>
understood. thanks. sorry for letting out a little steam
-jean-francois simon

		
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com