Subject: USB on MPC8349 with MPH controller

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:55:58 +0200

Hi,

im using kernel 2.6.16.18 with the ehci-fsl and a patch from this list
to get USB working.
So SCCR and SICRL register are set correctly.
The external connected PHY is a SMSC 3300-EZK which has an ULPI interface.
If I configure the USB controller of the MPC8349 to use the DR
controller, port 1 can be used with low, full and high speed devices
without any errors.
But if the USB controller is switched to MPH, the port 0 and port 1
cannot read the device descriptor.
Error message is:

fsl-usb2-mph: devpath1 ep0in 3strikes
fsl-usb2-mph: devpath1 ep0in 3strikes
fsl-usb2-mph: devpath1 ep0in 3strikes
usb1-1: device decriptor read/64, error -71

Does anyone know this problem or knows a solution?

Oliver