Subject: Re: [1/3] powerpc: sstep: Add tests for compute type instructions

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 14:27:50 +1100 (AEDT)

On Wed, 2019-02-20 at 06:56:58 UTC, Sandipan Das wrote:
> This enhances the current selftest framework for validating
> the in-kernel instruction emulation infrastructure by adding
> support for compute type instructions i.e. integer ALU-based
> instructions. Originally, this framework was limited to only
> testing load and store instructions.
> 
> While most of the GPRs can be validated, support for SPRs is
> limited to LR, CR and XER for now.
> 
> When writing the test cases, one must ensure that the Stack
> Pointer (GPR1) or the Thread Pointer (GPR13) are not touched
> by any means as these are vital non-volatile registers.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Sandipan Das <[email-masked]>

Series applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/84022ac17327c5383917f46c162fd943

cheers