Subject: Re: could linux support to configure the PLB-PCI bridge of PPC440 into adapter mode

From: Matthias Fuchs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:41:04 +0200

Hello chen,

that's how we do it on our boards (a couple of 405GP(r) based adapters).
We normally hide the top meg's of RAM so that it is not used by Linux.
We setup the PLB side of the bridge to point to this RAM so that it is
accessable from the PCI side.

Matthias
> hi Matthias:
>   thank for your reply.
>   according to information you provide, i should set the proper 
> parameter of register of PPC440GX in U-BOOT(I use u-boot as 
> bootloader),such as PAE,PHCE,PISE of SDR0_XCR and BAR etc.  during the 
> time of linux kernel booting, I turn off CONFIG_PCI , let linux kernel 
> don't initialize the PCI bus as host bridge and set PLB address in 
> kernel.  then after the linux system operated, the ppc440gx could act as 
> adapter mode. does my understanding correct?   i really appreciate your 
> help.
> 
> chen