Subject: Re: Xilinx BSP for linux 2.6

From: Ameet Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:31:27 +0100

Hi Ming,
  I DONOT have a ML403 with me. But does Xilinx EDK generate
xparameters_ml300.h in the BSP instead of xparameters_ml403.h for the
ML403 board?

Anyway, for linux 2.6 theres no xilinx_ocp directory in the code tree.
You need to just copy the xparameters_ml300.h file (if that is what
xilinx EDK generates) as xparameters_ml403.h in
arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/xparameters/ folder. Configure the kernel as ML403.

Like I said to you before, if you want to get started quickly and
without much headache.. then please go step-by-step. Try the things I
mention in the article PART I without applying any patches.

http://www.linux.get2knowmore.com/2006/06/30/quick-guide-linux-26-on-xilinx-virtex-ii-pro-boards-part-i/

Then if your kernel boots and shows some messages, it would be much
easier to relate to problems after applying patches.

Please DONOT hesitate to ask further clarifications!

-Ameet

Ming Liu wrote:
> Dear Ameet,
> Now I am using your patch for SystemACE in Linux 2.6. My linux version 
> is 2.6.16-rc5 and I have applied the patch for SystemACE and Temac.
> When I generate BSP in EDK, how can I implement it in my linux kernel? I 
> know the EDK BSP is for Linux 2.4 and the directory stucture is the same 
> as 2.4(e.g. arch/ppc/platform/xilinx_ocp/......) But in 2.6, the 
> directory tree is different and I cannot simply copy and replace the 
> original files there. Also, there is a file called xparameters_ml403.h 
> in Linux kernel but in BSP there is only xparameters_ml300.h. Shall I 
> rename the xparameters_ml300 as ml403, or configure the board as ml300 
> in menuconfig? In these xparameters files, the peripheral addresses are 
> defined. How can I include these xparameters defination in the kernel? 
> It looks complicate and you didn't mention how to replace these files in 
> your article. So if you can provide some guidance, I will appreciate a 
> lot because it will save me much time.
> By the way, I am still waiting for the last part of your article. Where 
> are they? :)
> 
> Thanks for your help.
> 
> Regards
> Ming
> 
> _________________________________________________________________
> 享用世界上最大的电子邮件系统― MSN Hotmail。  http://www.hotmail.com 
>