Subject: Re: Xilinx BSP for linux 2.6

From: Ameet Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:40:54 +0100

Hi Ming,
   If your Xilinx EDK generates the xparameters_ml300.h file for the
ML403 board then it has been configured with the right parameters and
address required by Linux. Don't look at the existing
xparameters_ml403.h file in the kernel source. It has got too many
parameters with address initializations that might not suit you at all.
I think its safe to copy the ml300.h onto ml403.h. I tried it... the
kernel compiles without any problems.

-Ameet

Ming Liu wrote:
> Dear Ameet,
> 
>>   I DONOT have a ML403 with me. But does Xilinx EDK generate
>> xparameters_ml300.h in the BSP instead of xparameters_ml403.h for the
>> ML403 board?
> 
> Yes. EKD only generates ml300.h instead of ml403.h, although you specify 
> the platform is ML403.
> 
> 
>> You need to just copy the xparameters_ml300.h file (if that is what
>> xilinx EDK generates) as xparameters_ml403.h in
>> arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/xparameters/ folder. Configure the kernel as 
>> ML403.
> 
> I don't think so. I have looked into these two files. I found that there 
> are many differences between them. Not only the addresses for each 
> peripheral are different, but also the parameters' names. So If we just 
> simply copy ml300.h file as ml403.h, many parameters will be undefined.
>> Like I said to you before, if you want to get started quickly and
>> without much headache.. then please go step-by-step. Try the things I
>> mention in the article PART I without applying any patches.
> 
> Thanks for your suggestion. I will start from the beginning.
>> Please DONOT hesitate to ask further clarifications!
> 
> It is really like a big family in the Linux world because of the help 
> among the persons. Thanks for all the help from the friends in Linux world!
> 
> Regards
> Ming
> 
> _________________________________________________________________
> 免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/ 
>