Subject: Re: Maple platform - adding graphics to IBM PIBS firmware

From: jf simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:44:52 +0200

Hi,
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>
>If the BIOS hasn't initialized the chip, you are pretty much out of
>luck... The good news is that soft-booting an rv100 with the BIOS works
>fine, at least from my previous experiemnts with it.
>
>  
>
I was (naively) thinking that if I could access the legacy VGA register 
set, I could set the graphic card to text mode and use the graphic 
screen as a alphanumeric console, until linux soft boots the graphic 
card . Do you think this is doable? I haven't been able to locate that 
VGA register set yet.
Thanks,.
-jf simon

		
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com