Subject: Xilinx TEMAC

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 02:35:06 -0400

Ameet Patil wrote:
>  > Did you happen to get an Ethernet mac going on the virtex2 or
>  > virtex4 with the 2.6 kernel?
>
> Nope! :-(
> Rumour has it that Montavista is soon going to release the source for 
> 2.6 kernel to run on Xilinx platforms.
>
>   
    I have 2 different TEMAC's working under 2.6 with a V4.

    The MontaVista driver that has been posted on the list that I think
is from MontaVista for the PLB TEMAC with very minor modifications to
get it to work at speeds other than GigaBit.

    A driver I wrote for the LocalLink TEMAC that works limpingly. I
have been unable to figure out how to get a receive interrupt from the
LocalLink TEMAC so receives are polled and performance is poor.
    I have pretty much abandoned work on it  - my client wants the
smallest possible FPGA footprint BUTanother OS I am porting requires
interrupt driven  IO and we are looking for a single minimal hardware
implimentation for all platforms.

    Anyway, if anyone wants the LL TEMAC in its current state I can post it.
    Currently it sends fine. It drops about 50% of all received packets
- but that is probably debugging overhead and poll rate tuning.

-- 
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux
717.627.3770 	       [email-masked] 	  http://www.dlasys.net
fax: 1.253.369.9244 			           Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too numerous to list.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein