Subject: MTD Flash Howto ?

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 00:04:22 -0400

I need to put together a filesystem driver for the flash in the Pico
E-12.
    I think I have a pretty good grasp of what I need of the FileSystem
end of things.

    But I am less certain of the peices needed to get from the flash to
the block driver that I assume underly's the FileSystem.
    I have enabled MTD, and configured a starting address and size.
    I got a signon banner. How can I tell if it has really found my
flash and if it actually knows the type of flash it found - in my
    instance Spansion S29GL512N.

    I have found some documentation covering details, I think I am more
interested in something that gives a more zoomed out view.

    Is anyone aware of a relevant howto ? Maybe some web pages on the
end-end process of going from flash devices to filesystems over flash ?

-- 
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux
717.627.3770 	       [email-masked] 	  http://www.dlasys.net
fax: 1.253.369.9244 			           Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too numerous to list.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein