Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] Linux v2.6.18-rc4, snd-aoa link error

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:29:38 +0200

Takashi Iwai wrote:
>> Yeah, I really should know :) But I'm not sure at the moment, and the 
>> powermac I own is a few hundred kilometers away...
>>     
>
> Don't worry, we can wait :)
>   
Maybe someone on linuxppc-dev can quickly check? Does a G5 use 
I2C_POWERMAC for access to the codecs? I think it does, but there are 
other I2C busses as well.
>> That looks good to me, and should get rid of the build failure. However, 
>> if one doesn't configure I2C_POWERMAC, no codec will ever be found at 
>> runtime.
>>     
>
> Yes, that's my concern, too.
>   
I'm not sure how much we should force the users to a sensible 
configuration ;) But I suppose selecting I2C_POWERMAC is fine for all 
relevant machines for now.

johannes