Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix IRQ handling on MPC8540 ADS

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:37:39 +0400

Hello.

Andy Fleming wrote:
> * Fixed IRQ handling for the 85xx ADS boards so it uses the new
>   generic irq stuff
> * Fixed PCI IRQ mapping so it comes from the device tree

    NAK. The kernel doesn't build with this patch. I'm getting this:

   CC      arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ads.o
arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ads.c: In function `mpc85xx_ads_pic_init':
arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ads.c:76: warning: implicit declaration of
function `of_put_node'

   and then finally:

   LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o(.init.text+0x26c): In function 
`mpc85xx_ads_pic_init':
arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ads.c:84: undefined reference to `of_put_node'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o(.init.text+0x404):arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ads.c:76: 
undefined reference to `of_put_node'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

    There's no such function in the kernel -- it actually aclled 
of_node_put(). I can post an updated patch after testing (if it succeeds) if 
you like...

> This patch *really* needs to go in before 2.6.18 is final, else 2.6.18 
> doesn't build for 85xx.

    Looks like it's a bit crude yet to be committed...

> Thanks,
> Andy

WBR, Sergei