Subject: Re: TEMAC problem on ML403 with U-boot.

From: Frank D Lombardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:08:49 -0400

Ming Liu wrote:
> Dear Frank,
> In your ML403 design which is booted by U-boot, do you use the normal
> 10/100M Enet MAC or TEMAC? Is TEMAC supported by U-Boot 1.1.4? In my
> design I use TEMAC and it works well when I boot my Linux directly
> using Xilinx EDK bootloader. However it fails when using U-boot......
>
> Thanks for your telling.
>
> Regards
> Ming
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> 享用世界上最大的电子邮件系统― MSN Hotmail。 http://www.hotmail.com
>
Ming,

The ML403 reference design from Xilinx uses the 10/100 Ethernet MAC and
works with U-Boot 1.1.4. The Xilinx GSRD design uses the ll_temac and it
does not work with U-Boot. We have decided that it would not be worth
the effort to port the ll_temac driver to work with U-Boot. However, if
anybody has done so, I would be interested.

Frank