Subject: Re: Please pull powerpc.git 'merge' branch

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:23:27 +0400

Hello.

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I wrote a sparse extension that warns if an initializer tries to 
> initialize the same entry multiple times.

    Ugh, I expected the C compiler to catch this... :-/

> Look what it found:

>  - arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/pfunc_base.c:259
> 
> 	static struct pmf_handlers macio_mmio_handlers = {
> 	        .write_reg32            = macio_do_write_reg32,
> 	        .read_reg32             = macio_do_read_reg32,
> 	        .write_reg8             = macio_do_write_reg8,
> 	        .read_reg32             = macio_do_read_reg8,

    Cut and paste error, should be .read_reg8...

> 	        .read_reg32_msrx        = macio_do_read_reg32_msrx,
> 	        .read_reg8_msrx         = macio_do_read_reg8_msrx,
> 	        .write_reg32_slm        = macio_do_write_reg32_slm,
> 	        .write_reg8_slm         = macio_do_write_reg8_slm,
> 	        .delay                  = macio_do_delay,
> 	};

> Can anybody see anything suspicious there?

    I'm sorry for spoiling the fun for everybody else. ;-)

WBR, Sergei