Subject: Re: [PATCH] Start arch/powerpc/boot code reorganization

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:56:39 +0400

Hello.

Mark A. Greer wrote:

>>>>>3) The number of cells in the "size" portion of the tuple is indicated
>>>>>by the nearest #size-cells as you go up the tree.  Just like the "reg"
>>>>>property.

>>>> Well, is there need for duplication of size if "reg" prop must be 
>>>> present anyway?

>>>We're not adding another #size-cells, we're using the same one that
>>>"reg" uses.  No duplication, just reuse.

>>   I mean size could have been gotten from "reg" prop.

> Oh.  Nah, seems like a violation of how things usually work and it only

    Since you're cloning the "address" prop which consisted only of the 
address value, this doesn't seem so obvious.

> adds work to look up yet another property.

    Oh, that's another story. :-)

> Mark

WBR, Sergei