Subject: Re: Graphic issues (emulating VGA bios on IBM Maple)

From: jf simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:06:30 +0200

>>I have ported the x86emu x86 emulator to IBM PIBS firmware on a Maple 
>>platform. I am now trying to emulate a PCI ATI RADEON RV100 VGA BIOS.  
>>It goes all the way and seems OK.  When I boot Linux , the card is 
>>recognized (it wasn't before), 
>>    
>>
>
>If the VGA BIOS POST works correctly, you should probably see some
>output in VGA text mode. Do you?
>  
>
No can do. The Maple platform can't generate any PCI memory access below 
0x8000.0000. So it can't access  the VGA buffer. I have removed all 
these accesses from being generated by the emulator. (all other acceses 
to the card, including  PCI I/O accesses  to the VGA registers remain 
though).
I am looking at the radeon driver. Maybe it is confused as it thinks it 
is running on an OF based machine while at the same time locates a x86 
VGA BIOS.
-jfs

		
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! 
Demandez à ceux qui savent sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com