Subject: Re: [PATCH] General CHRP/MPC5K2 platform support patch

From: Nicolas DET <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:23:00 +0200

John Rigby wrote:
>>
>> * mpc5k2_bestcomm.c (& helpers): I've been in contact with others people
>> using bestcomm and please to see the development was still active. I'm
>> already using latest code on my board but this is not include in this
>> patch. Indeed, it needs some changes for ARCH=powerpc. Moreover, we have
>> a different approach for the tasks. I'll be pleased to work with the
>> bestcomm folks.
>>
> 
> So you preload the bestcomm task code in your boot loader?  

Yes.

>Do those
> of us using other bootloaders still have the option of loading the
> task code later in linux?

Well, just reading the phy address from 0xf008000 to 0xf00c0000 (if I 
remenber correctly) should be enough to get the tasks code.

> What api are you using?  Sylvain's proposed one based on Dale's with
> some additions from me?  Or have you come up with your own?
> 

We implemented our own yet. However, we could moved to any.

Regards,