Subject: Re: [1/2] build failure for E500 CPUs w/ CONFIG_OPROFLE=y

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:32:06 +0400

Hello.

Vitaly Wool wrote:
> Hello Kumar,

>>This makes sense to me since we are just increasing kernel code size  
>>for code we would never use for an FSL_BOOKE part if we do it the  
>>other way.  I dont think its that much more messy with the ifdef's.

> Okay, if you're fine with this patch, is it possible that you include it
> into your tree?

>>If you want to do the other cleanup as well I've got no issue with  
>>that, but we really should NOT build in support for 7450 into a  
>>FSL_BOOKE kernel when reasonably avoidable.

> That's fine with me.
> As of the cleanups, well... looks to me some more patches will follow
> soon, kinda bugfixing ones rather than cleanups first :)

   The most funny/stupd thing is that the patch existed since May but it never 
went in:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=5531

> Thanks,
>   Vitaly

WBR, Sergei