Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Add MPC52xx Interrupt controller support for ARCH=powerpc

From: Nicolas DET <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:46:02 +0100 (MET)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>> Ok. that's why I suggest to keep buggy (or none) firmware board in 
>> platform specific code.
> 
> Well, in that case, we have a well defined interface to set the sense
> code, via the device-tree, and that's much better than having platform
> code muck around the PIC hardware separately from the PIC driver don't
> you think ?
> 
> Anyway, that's the way it works in Linux/powerpc so there is no need
> debating that for ever. Just be aware that at one point, there will be a
> set_type() implementation in this driver and that it will be called
> based on the polarity information in the device-tree so make sure you
> got it right.
> 

Ok. set_type() is scheduled for later on or should it be included right now?
What's next should be done to finally acked the driver?

>>> Of course, if your device-tree has bugs, then adding that feature
>>> afterward will suddenly break efika ...
>>>
>> Our OpenFirmware is, of course, bugfree ;-)
> 
> :)
> 

You doubt? ;-)