Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] powerpc: Add MPC5200 Interrupt Controller support.

From: Nicolas DET <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:27:02 +0100 (MET)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Now, in addition to that, we have another issue I haven't spotted
> before, but it might be worth considering:
> 
> Do we actually want the sdma interrupts handled there ? Because if you
> look closely, the SDMA is basically a cascaded interrupt controller. It
> hangs of per interrupt 0 :)

I know. I already spot this point (IRQ as far as I remenber and in 
private mails) and I got no answer so I assumed it was ok like I did. 
It's also really simplier and easier to add SDMA has another irq_chip.
Keep is simple ;-)

> Thus we could simply remove the code for it from that driver and
> implement it as as separate controller with a separate interrupt domain.
> I know you won't like that idea because it means having a different
> interrupt tree but it's worth having the discussion.
> 

The device tree won't change anyway...

I'll submit a new buch of patches pretty soon. Maybe the final version.

"On y est presque !" ;-)

Regards