Subject: Re: 2.6.18 fails in call_usermodedata() on 8xx

From: Robin Gilks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:45:40 +1300

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
> 
> Having (sort of) mastered the bdi2000, I'm trying to bring up a 8xx card
> thats been debugged and working with a 2.4 kernel for the last 3 years
> but is failing miserably on a 2.6.18 kernel.
> 
> My initial problems in dma_alloc_init I seem to have fixed by moving
> CONFIG_CONSISTENT_START to 0xa0000000 from the default of 0xff100000 but
> now I'm failing in call_usermodedata(). Any attempt to check the values 
> of structures (eg. current->fs->root) results in an error of the form:
> 
> (gdb) print *current
> Cannot access memory at address 0xc01e27a8
> 
> so I'm a bit stuck with further debugging.
> 
> Is there anything I should be looking out for in particular with an 8xx
> CPU and a late 2.6 kernel? My understanding was that it now worked but
> the config documentation is a bit thin on the ground :-(
> 
> Cheers

Never mind - was the watchdog going off - now disabled in the bootloader 
so I'm getting much further than i thought...

Just the console & rootfs to get going now :-)

-- 
Robin

=======================================================================
This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended
addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or
lost by reason of this transmission.
If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our
apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no
other act on the email.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been
 altered or corrupted during transmission.
=======================================================================