Subject: Re: 2.6.19-rc5-mm1 -- ppc64 ohci-hdc.c compile failure

From: Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:04:13 +0000

We are seeing compile failures on ppc64 in ohci-hcd.c as below:

In file included from drivers/usb/host/ohci-hcd.c:949:
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c: In function `ohci_hcd_ppc_of_init':
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:272: warning: int format, different type
arg (arg 2)
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:272: warning: int format, different type
arg (arg 3)
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c: At top level:
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:282: error: redefinition of `__inittest'
drivers/usb/host/ohci-pci.c:252: error: `__inittest' previously defined here
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:282: error: redefinition of `init_module'
drivers/usb/host/ohci-pci.c:252: error: `init_module' previously defined
here
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:283: error: redefinition of `__exittest'
drivers/usb/host/ohci-pci.c:260: error: `__exittest' previously defined here
drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c:283: error: redefinition of `cleanup_module'
drivers/usb/host/ohci-pci.c:260: error: `cleanup_module' previously
defined here

Seems that the patch below has introduced USB_OHCI_HCD_PPC_OF enabled by
default.  When it and CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD_PPC_SOC are enabled which
occured by default on my config then we end up with two module_init()
calls, which is illegal.

  powerpc-add-of_platform-support-for-ohci-bigendian-hc

I am guessing that we are only meant to be able to have one of these
defined at a time?  I changed the default to n for this and I could at
least compile the kernel, but I am sure thats not the right fix.

Nicolas?

-apw