Subject: Re: [POWERPC] ps3: add a default zImage target

From: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:11:38 -0800

Add a powerpc make target that can be loaded by the ps3 bootloader (kboot) and
set this as the default image to build for that platform.

Until the compressed zImage wrapper is made, this arranges for a stripped
vmlinux image to be built.

Signed-off-by: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>

---

Paul,

I noticed this didn't go into the latest set in powerpc.git.
 
I think having the default image for ps3 set as zImage.pseries will cause
confusion for some users since that image is not loadable by the ps3 bootloader.

I rebased this to the latest powerpc.git.  Please apply.

-Geoff 

 arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile |    5 ++++-
 1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- cell--common--7.orig/arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile
+++ cell--common--7/arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile
@@ -149,13 +149,16 @@ $(obj)/zImage.miboot: vmlinux $(wrapperb
 $(obj)/zImage.initrd.miboot: vmlinux $(wrapperbits)
 	$(call cmd,wrap_initrd,miboot)
 
+$(obj)/zImage.ps3: vmlinux
+	$(STRIP) -s -R .comment $< -o $@
+
 $(obj)/uImage: vmlinux $(wrapperbits)
 	$(call cmd,wrap,uboot)
 
 image-$(CONFIG_PPC_PSERIES)		+= zImage.pseries
 image-$(CONFIG_PPC_MAPLE)		+= zImage.pseries
 image-$(CONFIG_PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE)	+= zImage.pseries
-image-$(CONFIG_PPC_PS3)			+= zImage.pseries
+image-$(CONFIG_PPC_PS3)			+= zImage.ps3
 image-$(CONFIG_PPC_CHRP)		+= zImage.chrp
 image-$(CONFIG_PPC_EFIKA)		+= zImage.chrp
 image-$(CONFIG_PPC_PMAC)		+= zImage.pmac