Subject: Re: What is the correct way to indicate an unassigned PCI resource ?

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:26:22 +0300

Hello.

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>>On Tue, Dec 05, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>>>Olaf, can you give me a dump of /proc/ioports ? What is sitting at 0 on
>>>that PCI bus ?

>>with IDE=y

>>==> /proc/ioports <==
>>00000000-0000001f : dma1

> So it's indeed colliding with the cruft above.

> I reckon it's a bug in the firmware of this machine.

> Add to pseries/pci.c a quirk for that chipset (don't forget to test for
> machine_is(pseries) in the quirk as they get called for all platforms in
> a combo kernel. The quirk shall check if resource 6 has a 0 base and
> clear the size as Alan suggested (possibly setting the UNSET flag as
> well).

    Erm, I suspect it's either one or another -- you probably need to keep the 
size intact for resource marked IORESOURCE_UNSET. At least that's what the 
other code does...

> Ben.

WBR, Sergei