Subject: Re: how to cross-compile netperf.

From: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:24:45 +0100

Ming Liu wrote:
> Dear all,
> Maybe my question is not proper for this maillist but I really see some 
> friends who are using netperf to measure the netowrk performance from 
> this maillist. So I ask for help here.
> Could anyone please tell me how to cross-compile the Netperf which could 
> be run on my PowerPC 405 processor? I cannot find a detailed explanation 
> from the manual. After the downloading and untaring the package, I use 
> the command "./configure --host ppc CC=powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc". 
> However unfortunately it doesn't work and error " checking whether 
> setpgrp takes no argument... configure:error: cannot check setpgrp when 
> cross compiling" appears. My host system is X86_64 PC with linux OS and 
> my target system is PowerPC 405(Xilinx Virtex 4 FPGA) with linux 
> too(embedded Ml403 board from Xilinx company). In my condition, which 
> arguments shall I specify?
> If anyone can help, I wll really appreciate a lot.

$ echo "ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes" > config.cache
$ ./configure --host ppc CC=powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc --config-cache

Wolfgang.