Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: linkstation uses uimage style zImages

From: Mark Glines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:07:03 -0800

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> Mark
> 
> Thanks for the patch. Are you actually going to test this kernel on a real 
> hardware or just testing builds? If it is going to be a real life test, 
> I'd be interested to know what exactly hardware, U-boot version, dts, and 
> what results.

Yes, I do very much intend to test it on real hardware.  I have a couple 
of Kurobox HGs which desperately need a 21st century kernel.  I still 
need to install U-boot on it, but first I'm just going to test the 
vmlinux with the loader.o kernel module.  (And my rs232 voltage 
converters haven't gotten here yet, so I'm being a little conservative 
about all of this.)

> BTW, ack-ing your patch would be a bit easier if you sent it inline.

Yeah, thunderbird sucks for this stuff.  Keep nagging me and I'll set up 
mutt again. :)  Thanks!

Mark