Subject: Re: kurobox kernel

From: Mark Glines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:53:19 -0800

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> Look here: http://www.kurobox.com/revolution/downloads/contest/patchREADME 
> for a somewhat rough README and here 
> http://www.kurobox.com/revolution/downloads/contest/patches.zip are the 
> patches (sorry about the zip - that was revolution's format of choice...)

Thanks a bunch.  A RAM build of uBoot boots the old kernel fine, so I'll 
replace my older uBoot with it.  The only trouble I had was stripping 
carriage returns out of the patches in that zipfile; after that, 
everything went pretty smoothly.

I noticed uBoot is looking for a *.dtb file, as well as the kernel 
image.  The patchREADME refers to a "dtc" tool, but the URL it gives 
(http://ozlabs.org/~dgibson/dtc/dtc.tar.gz) does not exist.  So I 
googled and found git://ozlabs.org/srv/projects/dtc/dtc.git, and tried 
to compile kuroboxHG.dts, with the command line specified within that file:

$ dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
DTC: dts->dtb  on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
ERROR: Missing /chosen node
Input tree has errors

So, uh... is the *.dts file in 2.6.20-rc2 bad, or am I compiling it 
wrongly?  (And is this normally done by hand, or as part of the kernel 
build process?)

Thanks,

mark