Subject: Re: nfs mounting problem

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:32:55 -0600

Andre Haupt wrote:
> Also what seems a bit odd to me is that your dmesg shows no rootpath
> 
>  IP-Config: Complete:
>       device=eth1, addr=192.168.178.234, mask=255.255.255.0, 
> gw=192.168.178.47,
>      host=cashel, domain=, nis-domain=(none),
>      bootserver=192.168.178.110, rootserver=192.168.178.110, rootpath=
> 
> On my system the complete root path is printed here.

I don't think I've ever seen the root path printed there (with nfsroot 
otherwise working), so I don't think that's the problem...  From looking 
at the code, it seems that the root path received from BOOTP is stored 
in a different variable than the path from the nfsroot boot option, and 
it's the former that gets printed there.

To Manjunath AM: does the ethernet work from U-Boot?  Can you verify 
that packets are being successfully sent and received under Linux?  If 
the only variable is the board, then the problem is probably not with 
NFS itself; there's probably something different in how the ethernet is 
hooked up on your board, or in how the board is being initialized.

-Scott