Subject: Re: [PATCH 05/18] Add ft_first_node().

From: Jerry Van Baren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:31:48 -0500

Scott Wood wrote:
> Clean up some of the open-coded data structure references by providing a
> function to return a pointer to the first node in the tree.  This is only
> used in high-level functions trying to access the beginning of the tree,
> not in low-level code that is actually manipulating the data structure.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  arch/powerpc/boot/flatdevtree.c |   13 +++++++++----
>  1 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

Hi Scott,

Have you considered replacing flatdevtree.c with David Gibson's fdtlib? 
  The interface is a lot cleaner, which likely carries through to the 
underlying code.
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc64.devel/12771/focus=12877>

Best regards,
gvb